Thursday, October 19, 2017

Music Appreciation

One thing I think we all have in common is our love of music.  Music can make laugh or cry.  It goes without saying that when you hear a specific song or music, it brings back a memory.  Sometimes good, sometimes bad, but always a memory.

I like all different genres of music from rock to rap to classical.  I sometimes listen to today's hit music(or pop as they call it) and sometimes I just put on some classical and let the day wander away from me.

I am always open to new artists.  I like listening to local musicians.  I live in an area where there is a lot of college students and local artists are on the scene a lot.  I enjoy the music from these fresh new musicians.  All have their own sound.


Music from movie soundtracks is an all time favorite for me.  Whether it is from the movie Frozen or my all time favorite, American Graffiti.  If you have not listened to that soundtrack, you need to put it on your play list NOW!

I also love music that has a lot of piano and sounds from the horns.  If music has these sounds, then I am more apt to continue listening,   That is a personal preference for me.

One musician I recently discovered is John Jesensky.  Talk about some beautiful music! John Ross Jesensky is a composer and musician known throughout the music and film industry for his exceptional compositions created specifically for both feature-length and short films. A gifted musician widely respected for his exceptional abilities playing the piano, Mr. Jesensky has enjoyed a remarkable career that includes countless awards and accolades from the most highly regarded institutions within the industry. In addition to winning an award from the Cannes Film Festival, Mr. Jesensky also received official recognition from the Phoenix Film Festival, La Gona Film Festival and Bare Bones Film Festival, a product of his deep commitment to his field of endeavor as well as his exacting approach to the art of music composition.


Mr. Jesensky has been a staunch advocate for music education throughout his career, which is surely the product of his own experience learning under some of the music industry’s greatest and most widely respected teachers. A graduate of the Hartt School of Music, Mr. Jesensky also studied film scoring at NYU and benefited from the mentoring he received from musical luminaries that include Stephen Gryc, Larry Allan Smith, Sonny Kompanek, David McBride and Ira Newborn, along with countless others who have had a similarly positive influence on his compositional aptitude and output.
You should check out Mr.Jesenky and let me know your thoughts in the comments below.






Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Site Designed by AnnMarie John