Monday, June 19, 2017

3 Popular Sports for Kids

As a mother of 2 boys who are always so energetic and fun to be with I have to come up with healthy menus and ofttimes spirited conversations. I try to keep them active and involved with sports so they keep their senses keen. I find this to be very important with kids, that they grow up in a nurturing environment that challenges their intellect and physical skills.

I’ve noticed the change in behavior with my two sons especially when I transitioned from being just a blogging mommy to a more health-conscious one. I felt guilty at one point to be always staring in my screen typing away while they felt bored just watching movies all day one summer weekend. So I decided to do a little research of my own where I could possibly ignite their interest in becoming fit as well.

My lightbulb moment came during one of my reminiscing when I used to look at my pictures playing soccer and attending jiu-jitsu lessons. I enjoyed both so much I knew that my boys will love them as well.


So, if you’re thinking of enrolling your kids in weekend lessons or for the summer, here are top 3 that I can recommend:

1. Soccer - it will develop their sense of others and earn social skills in a competitive environment.

2. Jiu-Jitsu - they will be able to learn how to defend themselves especially at this day and age and earn them the discipline practiced in the art of self-control

3. Swimming - an all-round activity that encourages cardiovascular fitness and movement.

Each year, I try to enroll them in different programs so we can both discover what interests them more and which they excel in. They also get to meet a lot of interesting people that would influence their perspectives in a good way. Of course, every experience is coupled with guidance. Like for example in jiu-jitsu classes, I explain to them that the purpose of learning the craft is not only for self-defense but also to learn self-control and respect of other’s limitations.


It’s a wonderful world seeing your kids excel in and be interested in new activities. I especially love the bright eyed expressions on their faces when they meet me after with new stories of their experiences. Raising kids is not as easy as I have hoped as we always have to take their best interests to heart while taking care of our own. But it’s sure a fun ride while discovering at the same time that there is so much we can learn from them as well.

AnnMarie John is a mom of four and lifestyle blogger at AnnMarieJohn.com where she writes on parenting issues, relationships, travel, shares recipes, crafts and Disney tips.
Share:

5 comments

  1. I wish my kids were active I want them to do sports

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dream Basketball Tips During NBA Season # 5 If you truly need to win and prove to be the best of the dream ball association ensure that you are dependably in control during the NBA season.
    안전놀이터

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dream Basketball Tips During NBA Season # 5 If you truly need to win and prove to be the best of the dream ball association ensure that you are dependably in control during the NBA season.
    안전놀이터

    ReplyDelete

Site Designed by AnnMarie John