Friday, February 6, 2015

Valentine's Recipes for #Kids!

With Valentine's Day coming I wanted to share this great article I read on Parents.com. That is my absolute favorite site for advice on any and everything kids and babies!


French Toast

Kids can help: Stir egg mixture, dip bread and cut hearts.
  • Oatmeal bread
  • Egg
  • Skim milk
  • Maple syrup
  • Strawberries 
  1. Beat an egg, using a fork, in a medium, low bowl.  Add about ¾ cup milk per each egg used.  Add a teaspoon of maple syrup and stir well.
  2. Using a heart-shaped cookie cutter, cut out heart shapes from the center of bread slices. 
  3. Dip all bread pieces into egg mixture and set onto pancake griddle or large skillet set on medium heat.  Brown lightly on both sides.
  4. Garnish with cut strawberries and maple syrup.



and this recipe my friends is what I will be making me and the kids in the morning in my new Ninja Blender I can not wait to try it and tell you guys about it! Doesn't this look fun, easy and tasty!

Fruit Smoothie



Ingredients:

8 strawberries, hulled
1/2 cup skim milk
12 cup plain yogurt
3 tablespoons white sugar
2 teapoons vanilla extract
6 ice cubes crushed

red string candy such as Twizzlers, Red Vines etc for garnish

DIRECTIONS: In a blender combine strawberries, milk, yogurt, sugar and vanilla. Toss in the ice. Blend until smooth and creamy. Pour into glasses and serve.

Serves 2

I love smoothies and am so excited to see what I can blend up in my Ninja Blender! I can't wait to show you guys how this turns out tommorrow
Share:

1 comment

Site Designed by AnnMarie John